The Dark Knight


Okay, I know everyone loves this movie, but if somebody out there does not then that somebody is a moron. Not only does this movie have amazing performances, but the plot is thick and the story is engaging, the cinematography is breathtaking (see it in IMAX), and I don't have a single complaint.

This movie lives up to the hype and goes beyond it. It's a superhero movie, normally you can't call a superhero movie a masterpiece, but it is a MASTERPIECE. And it is more than a superhero movie, it's a crime drama and an action/adventure movie too.

If you haven't seen this movie GO NOW!!!!!

I know my writing sounds super-biased, but I walked into the movie theater without reservations or expectations other than it looked better than "Begins." I was blown away.

It should be noted I watch about 10 movies I haven't seen before every week. I see a lot of stuff and I know what a mediocre movie is. I also am studying film at the University of Utah and have had to write a lot of papers on film theory. I love making movies more than anything. Basically what I'm getting at is I know when I see something good. I look for movies that are going to matter in the future, 20+ years down the road. So you can trust me when I say that The Dark Knight is a masterpiece. Subjectively speaking is it my number 1 favorite? Maybe not... Objectively speaking I believe this is the greatest film ever made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Movies in the Not So Distant Future

Fedora Pictures Reel - 2013

Northern California Family Trip 2013