Fall Semester 2008

After a long weekend of shooting my western film project (which finally has a name: The Way to Deadman Pass) classes began on Monday, August 25th.

I have two classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. The first class of the day begins at 10:45am and is a visual effects course offered by the Fine Arts program. It's pretty awesome, we're going to play around with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects as well as Final Cut Pro and hopefully Pro Tools. So after that class ends at 12:45pm I wait around all day until my second class which starts at 4:35pm... yeah I know, that kinda sucks. But once we get rolling on projects I'll have plenty to do on the computers at school.

My second class of the day is called Intro to Computer Music. The teacher, David Cottle, is a Mac expert and really cool. We're starting off with some simple sound editing using a shareware program called Amadeus Pro but soon enough we'll graduate from that to all out Logic Pro mixing powers! The class ends at 5:55pm and that time always seems to come up really fast. Both of these classes use iMacs very similar to my own so I always feel pretty at home.

On Tuesdays from 6pm-10pm I have screenwriting once again for the 4th time! I love that class. Paul was kind enough to let me back in on Tuesdays. I had it on Tuesdays for the first two semesters, last semester I had to switch to Wednesdays because of scheduling conflict. I know some of you might be thinking I could stay on Wednesdays this semester and it would be convenient because I wouldn't have to go clear up to the U for a 3rd day every week, but if you know my situation well enough then you'd know why I can't be on Wednesdays... besides, all my good friends are there on Tuesdays, it's just a really fun night!

In October I'm going to be taking Josh's lighting course once again, but this time it is 3 credit hours instead of just 1. I'll let you know how that goes!

In summary all my classes rock hard core and why shouldn't they? I'm done with generals and required courses so I get to choose whatever classes I want to take from here on out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Movies in the Not So Distant Future

Northern California Family Trip 2013

What Video Literacy means for Video Professionals